Host Defense offers supplement delivery method options to best match your lifestyle needs. If you're interested in learning about the features of capsules, extracts, and sprays watch the below video to meet your match!
Meet the people behind-the-scenes of Host Defense®!
We're real people, keeping it real.
Position & Years with Host Defense®
Grow Room Manager, 9 years
Best Thing About the Job
Working for a company where I get to make a difference, not just a living.
Four Ways to Describe Yourself
Artist, cat dad, writer of bad jokes, musician
Your favorite fall flavors, featuring a boost of superfood mushroom mycelium thanks to Host Defense® Primordial Chocolates™
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1-2 tablespoons chia seeds (adjust according to preference)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie seasoning
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 bars (1.4-2.8 oz.) of Host Defense® Salted Maca Crunch Primordial Chocolate™
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and (lightly!) coat an 8”x8” glass baking pan with coconut oil.
- While oven is preheating, mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add egg and coconut oil to dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Add almond butter, vanilla extract, and pumpkin puree to batter and mix.
- Cut Host Defense® Salted Maca Crunch Primordial Chocolate™ into small chunks and add to batter. Mix well until chocolate is thoroughly worked into batter.
- Pour batter into pan. Batter will be thick, so ensure you work it to the edges of the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool, cut into squares, and enjoy!
Collaborative research between Host Defense's team and Washington State University has been published in Nature’s Scientific Reports! Mycelium extracts of polypore mushrooms (Reishi and Amadou) have been shown to confer an immune benefit to bees. This research provides an actionable solution against the stressors threatening bee populations and, in turn, food biosecurity around the world. We’re proud to continue our work in the field of applied mycology to help people and planet.
Join our "Save the Bees" mailing list by emailing email@example.com.
Bees urgently need our help.
Please join us in this global effort and learn how you can take action.
Host Defense offers delivery method options to best match your lifestyle needs. Host Defense Capsules work well for daily convenience. If you’re seeking rapid absorption by the digestive system, then Host Defense extracts may be the way to go.
Host Defense mushroom capsules are made with Certified Organic, non-GMO mushroom mycelium / fruitbodies, encased in a plant-based capsule made from pullulan—a non-GMO, naturally-fermented polysaccharide polymer. Pullulan is starch-free, gluten-free, and preservative-free, and helps protect mushroom material against oxidation.
Host Defense liquid mushroom extracts are made with U.S.A. grown and processed Certified Organic mushroom mycelium and fruitbodies. Most other brands use only hot-water extraction, which leaves out many valuable constituents.
Host Defense extracts utilize Paul Stamets’ comprehensive Double and Triple Extraction Methods:
1. Hot WaterCertified organic fruitbodies of Reishi, Maitake, Turkey Tail, Lion’s Mane and Shiitake are hot-water extracted to pull out polysaccharides (e.g. beta-glucans, glycoproteins, and other high-molecular weight compounds).
2. EthanolMycelium and fruitbodies are extracted with certified organic ethanol, which isolates antioxidants (e.g. terpenes, triterpenoids, inositols, ergosterols, sterols and myco-flavonoids).
3. Cold Water
Pure, filtered water is used to extract extracellular metabolites from the living mycelium within the temperature range at which the fungi’s native immune systems are most active.
For educational purposes only. © 2017 Paul E. Stamets and Fungi Perfecti, LLC, All rights reserved.