Host Defense® Reishi Chili
Looking for a game day recipe?
Why not include a Host Defense® mushroom mycelium powder in your favorite game day chili?
This hearty dish is sure to be a crowd pleaser. The Reishi powder not only supports energy & stamina, but also enhances the body’s ability to adapt to stress – perfect for the big game!*
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 12 Servings
What you’ll need:
- 3 lbs Ground meat – we used 2 lbs ground beef and 1 lb ground pork
- 1 16 oz can Low Sodium Broth – we used chicken, but beef or vegetable would also work
- 1 14.5 oz can diced Tomatoes
- 1 Jar of your favorite Salsa
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 2 Jalapeños, diced
- 2 Bell Peppers – we used 1 orange and 1 yellow
- 2 16 oz can Pinto Beans
- 1 16 oz can Black Beans
- 4 Tbs Host Defense® Reishi Powder
- 2 Tbs Avocado Oil (can substitute with oil of choice)
- 3 Tbs Chili Powder
- 1 Tbs Paprika
- 1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tsp Garlic Salt
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
Bring it all together:
Sautee onions, jalapenos, and bell peppers in oil until the onions become translucent. Add meat and cook thoroughly. Once the meat is cooked, add canned tomatoes, salsa, beans, and broth. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Add seasonings, stir until mixed. Simmer uncovered 45 minutes – 1 hour, stirring occasionally until desired consistency is reached. Add Reishi powder. Serve to taste with shredded cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips & cornbread!
Want to discover more ways to cook with mushroom mycelium powders?
» Download our free Recipe Book!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.