Mushrooms and the Immune System
From cognition and mood support to energy and stamina, each mushroom species used in Host Defense® Mushrooms™ supplements offers a unique range of potential health benefits. But one thing that each species has in common is the ability to offer immune support. One of the great things about beneficial mushroom mycelium supplements is their ability to support an engaged and balanced immune response.*
How do mushroom mycelium supplements support the IMMUNE SYSTEM?
- The immune system is activated by polysaccharides, terpenes, and other compounds found in mushroom mycelium and fruitbodies.*
- Each beneficial mushroom species contains a wide variety compounds to support our natural immunity.*
- The variety and multitude of natural compounds found in mushrooms is key to supporting immunomodulation.*
What is IMMUNOMODULATION?
- Immunomodulation is the regulatory adjustment of the immune system to bring it into balance.
- Immune cell modulation is important because we don’t want to simultaneously activate every immune cell at full strength.
Beneficial MUSHROOMS support immunomodulation:*
- Mushrooms regulate the immune system to support long-term health by maintaining a balanced immune response.*
HOST DEFENSE® supplements can be used every day to help:
- Augment and regulate the body’s immune system.*
- Provide support for daily environmental stressors.*
- Increase the activity of NK cells and macrophages.*
We’ve compiled a chart to quickly reference the range of benefits provided by some of the most popular beneficial mushroom species: Agarikon, Chaga, Cordyceps, Lion’s Mane, Maitake, Reishi, and Turkey Tail:
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.