Host Defense® Turmeric Immune™ Mycobotanicals Tea® adds a warming bite to these snack-sized treats.
- 3 cups gluten free flour, or gluten free flour blend
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 egg
- ½ cup almond milk (vanilla flavor, if you’d like!)
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon anise extract
- 1 tablespoon cardamom
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds for sprinkling atop cookies
Turmeric Date Caramel
- 1 cup of dates
- 3 bags of Host Defense® Turmeric Immune™ Mycobotanicals Tea®
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl, minus sesame seeds (set to the side). Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add egg, almond butter, vanilla extract, and anise extract to dry ingredients and mix.
- If batter seems too thin, add additional teaspoons of gluten free flour until batter takes on a more dough like consistency.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop dough from bowl, roll into balls, and place on baking sheet 2-inches apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from baking sheet and place on rack to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Top with dollop of date caramel (see below for instructions) and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
Directions for Turmeric Date Caramel:
- Boil 8 oz. water and steep 3 bags of Host Defense® Turmeric Immune™ Mycobotanicals Tea® for 10 minutes.
- Remove pits from dates.
- Add dates to food processor and pulse.
- Add brewed tea to food processor to liquify and smooth dates.